FuturePoly Forums
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

3DS Max installation failing on download
SethB
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:10:20 AM(UTC)

Groups: 3D Modeling, Digital Painting

Hi everyone,

I've been trying for the last week to install Max on my PC and am running into an issue with it failing halfway through the download during Materials.  I've scoured the interwebs and have tried cleaning up my hard drive, deleting and reinstalling Max, uninstalling my C++ Redistributable files and downloading via browser rather than installer.  I have and use 2014 Maya and haven't had any issues with it at all.  Is anyone else hitting this problem?  If you are, have you found a work around?

Jan Tverdik
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:54:32 PM(UTC)

Groups: Online 3D Modeling

Hey SethB,

is there any error-number or name you get ?

Make sure you are logged into your autodesk account and dont close the browser-window until its installed, that was a problem i had before.

SethB
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 3:18:50 PM(UTC)

Jan Tverdik wrote:

Hey SethB,

is there any error-number or name you get ?

Make sure you are logged into your autodesk account and dont close the browser-window until its installed, that was a problem i had before.

Hi Jan,

Thanks for replying to my question!  I'm at work and don't have the error numbers right now except error 1619 -- I was sure to leave the browser window I was signed in up and running the whole time.  There are 2 errors that I run into -- both have to do with downloading the materials rather than installing.  At least from what I can see  =/  If this isn't helpful I'll follow up with the exact error codes and post the log when I get home after class tonight!

SethB
#4 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 3:17:36 PM(UTC)

So I finally got it to download after I picked through all of my autodesk products and uninstalled everything except for Maya. I could only download 2017 -- I wanted either 2014 or 2016 because I'm OCD about even numbers. So anyway, I'm all good now. If anyone else runs into this I'd be happy to help if I can!