FuturePoly Forums
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

Need specific video link
Trish Hrafnaharr
#1 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 12:56:13 PM(UTC)

Groups: 3D Modeling, Digital Painting, Online 3D Modeling

I've had trouble navigating these forums and have no idea what video to watch that would cover the steps I missed in last thursday's texture lessons on making UVWs and somesuch. I keep watching videos that never show what I'm looking for and I need to catch up before Tuesday. Can anyone point me to the right video?

Tassia
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 10:35:25 AM(UTC)

Groups: 3D Modeling

Hey,
I think on Thursday we covered basic baking texture maps, UV unwrapping, and subdivision modeling. What you've probably watched may be it for related videos in the forum. I've been looking through the videos in weeks 3+4 to review the same content but I'm not sure where the right video is, either. Some of this stuff could be buried in the week 3 lesson videos and presented in a different way, too. Sorry I can't be of more help -- maybe the texture baking exercise we did in class isn't necessarily in a video, since I can't find it yet.
kysg
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:30:31 PM(UTC)

Groups: 3D Modeling

Jason said the videos you would need are under the online 3d modeling class under video tutorials.

http://www.futurepoly.co...t.aspx?g=posts&t=631

The ones you should review are under the basic building exercise specifically parts 2 and 3.

As far as what Jason has covered.

He has covered doing a hi-poly via SubD modeling and baking the Diffuse/Ao/normal information to a flat plane.    The diffuse if you want can have red/blue/green color information to use as masks in photoshop.  The main point here is to get the Normal map.  As he demo'd in crazy bump you will grab your AO/roughness/spec maps from crazybump.  

He will go over setting up the textures again in photoshop on thursdays class.  I believe he said we are going to make the basic maps such as Diffuse or albedo/AO/roughness or gloss/normal.  I don't think he is going to cover curvature/cavity/worldspacenormal/heightmap/ thickness/position/worldspacedirection which is basically vector displacement/opacity maps but he did say we may get to these later on.

Trish Hrafnaharr
#4 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 1:09:21 PM(UTC)

Groups: 3D Modeling, Digital Painting, Online 3D Modeling

kysg wrote:

Jason said the videos you would need are under the online 3d modeling class under video tutorials.

thanks for this.