FuturePoly Forums
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

4 Pages«<234
George Kritikos' Thread
Patrick Bloom
#61 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 5:01:42 PM(UTC)

Groups: Online Classes

Hey george,

I think your newest character is looking purdy nice. It has good blanace and a real sense of attitude. I don't know if you are going to push it any further, but i think it would help to define what the materials and textures are on it's body. He looks like a tree-ish type of creature, but I'm not sure if that's what you are going for. The lizards look nice too, and I like the layout that you went with the thumbnails in the upper right corner (very nice touch). I think the same things would help these guys too, like defining plans of the figure, showing different materials, maybe start with a photo overlay to give you ideas for texture?

Anyways I think both of these guys are looking really good, but it might help your portfolio if you flush them out a bit. Hope this helps a bit

Great stuff!

George Kritikos
#62 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2011 5:46:38 PM(UTC)

Man

Thanks man, this is probably the furthest I've taken any of my characters digitally in this style and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Yeah, I really wanna push this one more so i will try what you suggested and lay some textures over the top and see what I can come up with.

...and he is very much a tree type character.

Lemme know if this is a step forward...

George Kritikos
#63 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:36:09 PM(UTC)

Man

Well this is probably the furthest I'm going to take him for now.

CheeWong
#64 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2011 7:05:47 PM(UTC)

Hi George,

You can push it just that much further. Think of the surface material and how you want to have elements of hard and soft.
This will help accentuate the overall design
George Kritikos
#65 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 9:44:06 PM(UTC)

Man

Hey Chee,

Thanks for coming back and checking how things are going. Could I get you to elaborate a little more on your point?
I also know this still needs a bit of work in terms of defining a few things but it would be appreciated if you could get more specific as it may not be as obvious to me as it would be to you.

George Kritikos
#66 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:32:49 AM(UTC)

Man

heres another...                                                                                                                         ... few refinements, posture/anatomy fixes etc

George Kritikos
#67 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2011 6:14:09 AM(UTC)

Man

If anyone happens to pass by.. Here's a piece I am currently working on.

CameronMousavi
#68 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:31:25 PM(UTC)

Groups: 3D Modeling, Online Classes

:] I think it's worth noting that going through this thread, page 1 through 4, shows some awesome improvement. Most notably, you're biggest issue, which I felt was showing volume and knowing the "curves" behind what you're painting, has been almost fully resolved.

The wyrm is looking awesome, and I love how you suggested the forms instead of drawing them in. I see people who try to draw in every detail and absolutely kill any appeal their paintings had. Also, I love how the face is composed, but be a little bit careful with it's construction - the forms and masses are really cool, but the way their arranged isn't convincing to me - or plausible, if that's a better word. Think: how are these plates being held up underneath of it, if there is no visible connection to the face? Where would visible connections to the head sell this as being realistic? Also, what happens when it's head and body are at rest - how do the scales lay at rest? Does the prominent one house the other ones, and they extend outwards when it cranes it's neck? Or does the prominent scale rest inbetween the two at the sides, and those stay standing even when it's at rest?

Regardless, it's looking awesome. I'm glad to see you've become more confident with your strokes.
George Kritikos
#69 Posted : Wednesday, November 09, 2011 4:25:01 AM(UTC)

Man

Hey Cameran, its good to see someone still ventures through here one in a while!

Thanks for the comments and crits, i for one feel like i have a better understand of the process now and have found something I am comfortable with.
I do agree with all you've said...you've pointed things out that I would have never thought about. 

I have found a job now (unfortunately not within the gaming industry) and have slowly just recently gotten back in the mood for being creative. Hopefully i find more time and motivation over the comin weeks :P

Wouldn't mind seeing some of your recent works Cameran if possible :D

CameronMousavi
#70 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 12:31:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: 3D Modeling, Online Classes

:] Done and posted on my own thread. Don't mind the earlier posts on their with that awful stuff, don't know who that asshole is :P