FuturePoly Forums
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

3 Pages<123
Markus Lenz | WIP
SimonLabreche
#41 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:42:00 PM(UTC)

Groups: Online Classes

Last two characters are looking really good, especially the contrast on the armor with the reds, looks really cool.

About the skewed up stuff, I think the spikey armored dude it isn't so bad overall, only the feet look out of perspective.  Maybe try to draw ellipses or perspective lines to help out, like it is demonstrated in the line art segment of this tut:http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm

Elias Aboulkacem
#42 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:52:32 PM(UTC)

Man

Hey Markus

Your finished one is looking quite cool - I like the red light gives a nice punch - with the feet I think they are still off perspective - the character looks floating or on toes, because the shadow on the ground and the rest of his body suggest another perspective as the foot does - the foot are close to straight down view - while the rest suggests kind of 60°(or something like that) camera view - well just a minor perspective problem - other than that really cool one!

Your new one looks promising ;) - Looking forward to it!

MarkusLenz
#43 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:54:29 PM(UTC)

Man

Thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated! I'll look into it on the weekend.

Here is some progress from today, the face is not very promising at the moment I will try to improve it next

Danilo Silva
#44 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:14:40 PM(UTC)

Man

Loving the characters, maybe a girl ill be next? :)

Elias Aboulkacem
#45 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:49:40 PM(UTC)

Man

For Asgard!

This dude looks cool man, just designwise, I think you could make the individual armorparts more relate to each other - chest, shoulder and helmet feel like they are coming from different cultures - you know what I mean?

Keep it up mate! Looking forward to see more ;)

MarkusLenz
#46 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:34:59 PM(UTC)

Man

I'm terribly sorry for the spam but this is the last update for today I should get some sleep now!

Maybe later Danilo and thanks Elias I noticed that too and I tried out several shapes I liked and will decide on one during the rendering process I guess.

I've refined the face and I like it way better :)

Elias Aboulkacem
#47 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 1:48:24 PM(UTC)

Man

Hey again Markus!

Yes - that looks much more consistent with the armor ;) - still I think the helmet doesnt really fit into the rest of the armor that well - maybe give him more of a jagged visor like the ornaments on his chest/shoulder, which almost look like a helmet/face - Also, I think you broke his hand back there ^^ - a rotation transform should fix that already

Keep it up!

MarkusLenz
#48 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 8:05:38 AM(UTC)

Man

Yeah you're right Elias, it was put down in a little bit of a hurry :D

The dude looked so lonely so I gave him a little companion! I started giving him a weapon to make the side more itneresting but it was just not doing it. So here is his little wolv buddy.

I've also decided to incorporate a more nordic style while keeping the basic shapes I've already established. Especially the chest seemed way to undefined before.

Hope you like it, if not feel free to shoot my with crits!!!

Elias Aboulkacem
#49 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 8:53:33 AM(UTC)

Man

Hey Markus

Yea the armor looks really nice now :D - I know I bore you with this, but the perspective of the foots of both your character and his wolf are little off - also his right foot points in another direction as his knee - you might want to fix that - always keep your horizon line in mind and your VPs - well its tricky sometimes ;) - other than that great work buddy!

David Morgado
#50 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 3:39:29 PM(UTC)

Hi Markus

I know this is sort of nitpicking on a very cool character, but I think he could use some chainmail on some strategic areas!

Hope that helps!
MarkusLenz
#51 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 9:50:27 AM(UTC)

Man

Heres another update... I'm a little stuck right now :x I really want to nail this piece but I just can't seem to find what makes him suck so hard! I'll leave it for now and hopefully some of the instructors can help me with some feedback in this last week. Cheers!

Alex Green
#52 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 3:54:16 PM(UTC)

Hi Markus,

What is holding that shield on? It looks like he is holding on to a handle on the inside with just his hand. Maybe adjust it up and angle it a bit more so that it looks attached to the forearm.

http://www.victorianweb....lustration/selous/11.jpg

Also the angle on his codpiece (crotch area) looks off to me.

LukeFarinella
#53 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2011 9:42:16 AM(UTC)

Hey Markus. I really admire your work! I wish I could steal your skills!

The soldier is definitely awesome. ...and I know the feeling of being stuck! If you don't mind a crit from someone who sucks worse than you...  If it were me I would change his head. His pose doesn't seem to lend itself to a 'war cry'  as of right now it looks like he is singing the sound of music or somethiing. I would make his head facing straight (in relation to his shoulders) and slightly down. That to me would give him a more badass pose.

If you were going for a war cry his pose should probably read more like this (the griffin guy):

http://www.futurepoly.co...KekaiKotakiGallery02.jpg

...but since i doubt you want to redo the whole piece. I would go for a contemplative look.

hope this helps...

MarkusLenz
#54 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 12:48:55 AM(UTC)

Man

I was wondering why nobody has received any crits since Kekai's week? I know the program is over but the last two regular weeks of the class there have been no crits... especially at the end it would have been really helpful !

George Kritikos
#55 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 1:39:52 AM(UTC)

Man

good point. For those that did re-touching, ther's been no instructors to comment/crit our work.

Stokes
#56 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 9:20:02 AM(UTC)

Groups: FP Instructor

MarkusLenz wrote:

I was wondering why nobody has received any crits since Kekai's week? I know the program is over but the last two regular weeks of the class there have been no crits... especially at the end it would have been really helpful !

Hey Markus, Kekai has been really swamped with freelance so he hasn't gotten around to it yet but we plan on doing a final critiuqe pass for the past 2 weeks once his schedule clears up. Sorry for the delay.

MarkusLenz
#57 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2011 2:15:49 AM(UTC)

Man

Thanks for the heads up Jason, totally understandable :)