FuturePoly Forums
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

2 Pages<12
Daniel Ortega WIP
CheeWong
#21 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2011 11:12:13 AM(UTC)

Groups: Online Classes

Sure thing.

i'm off to go look after the wife and new sprog. Will see if if i have some spare time to do a bunch of new architecture designs, using just line
Daniel Ortega
#22 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2011 10:43:25 PM(UTC)

Ah, after some hectic weeks, finally some time to dab at the homework.... am sooo behind... anyway, I think I got the pace now, and I went and colored that house:

Swamp Asian House colored

I regard it still as a work in progress; for example, I placed some water being collected from the rooftop... but where is the rain!? I have to place it, along with finishing properly those windows and the storagehouse door... also, undecisive on adding more fog... or dead leaves... ot other etceteras. Questions? Comments? Critiques please! :D

I'll leave this image for the moment (BUT, will read and take into account all commentaries) to move on quickly through the week on my late assignments as a mad man. Hopefully I'll end 1 week behind after this.

Oh, and as I expected: my computer is having SERIOUS troubles coping with the heat here... nevermind, I needed a new CPU anyway :P

File Attachment(s):
swamp asian house color.jpg (2,282kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
Daniel Ortega
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:01:05 AM(UTC)

Got some more time today, went to work on Scholes assignment....

Here are my first two WIPs so far; am trying to follow instructions, went at around 15-20 minutes with each, just trying to get pieces in place to set the mood.

This was my first attempt: you can note that I felt quite insecure about the results and it shows. Objects feel... forced into place.

On the second one, however, I let instinct guide me and so far the results went a lot better:

Hope you like this, hopefully someone will see this and critique it :D

flaptraps
#24 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 8:09:45 PM(UTC)

Groups: FP Instructor

Hi Danel,  I wanted to give you some feed back on your last post.  I know it's hard to know where to put shapes and what not to lay your piece out but i cant stress enough and i see this through out the entire forum of people not using ref.  Its obvious that there was no reference and no idea of where you were going with these.  Which isnt always bad but right now i think it would be a good idea to make sure to have a goal in mind, and look at tons of reference, and have it available before you start.

with the paint over i just thought you need to throw in more atmoshpere and i jotted down some notes for you as well.

Keep putting in the hard work!! i like that your pushing yourself! hope this helps and plan to see more:)

cheers

rich

Richard Anderson
www.flaptrapsart.com
Daniel Ortega
#25 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2012 8:41:26 PM(UTC)

A year and months after the course, I am back here, even if the place looks deserted. I have to thank Cameron for unkowingly encouraging me to post again.

So! In this time I worked in coloring techniques, not something I wanted to, but it has been very useful. I went to practice my perspective, and concentrated on churning more work in less time.

So where I am now?

I did stuff like this:

Masquerade entry for CGHub

My first entry to a CGHub contest. And a total fail as I missed the entry time by half a day or so. But I liked the result!

Also this, my first finished attempt at a whole scenery:

Obstruction at Line 36

With it I finally understood the use of brushes and textures to my advantage. Also, perspective!

More to come, I really hope I can get the professors and my peers to check it and criticize it!

Daniel Ortega
#26 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2012 10:31:51 AM(UTC)

Another one. Remember this:

original WIP

I reworked it almost completely, perspective, colors, brushes, mood, you name it. All that's left is the original idea:

reworked swamp house